Since 2011 PO UKRMEPA is attracting the community’s attention to the ecologic issues associated with Black Sea. The Organization eagerly participates in multiple events; particularly contributing to development of coastal protection and plays a leading role in activities related to protection of coastal area and local population from natural and technogenous impact associated with marine problems.
PO UKRMEPA is a non-governmental organization. It’s objective is to form the ecology-oriented conscience and green thinking among the young people of Ukraine, as well as formation of original values and careful approach to environment in school children and younger children.
As well as adults, children incorporate the principles of environmental interactions in all spheres of life, including production, communication culture, politics, etc. Therefore, in future we suppose to reduce our current problems, including the ones our organization is dealing with; in particular – protection of marine and land resources of Ukraine.
The main objective of PO UKRMEPA is the enforcement of its members abilities in the field of marine environment in the coastal regions of Black and Azov seas as the basis of civil society existence and further development.
What are the main objectives of our organization and which goals are set and achieved by PO UKRMEPA?
The main objective of PO UKRMEPA is the consolidation of its members abilities in the field of marine environment in the coastal regions of Black and Azov seas as the basis of civil society existence and further development.
PO UKRMEPA targets the following objectives:
- Contribution to events associated with environment protection and ecology;
- Contribution to events targeting prevention of marine and coastal environment pollution in Black and Azov seas;
- Contribution to development of scientific and practical technologies for ecology improvement;
- Contribution to cleaning of waste impacting marine organisms and humans from sea and shore areas;
- Support of organization members in following the requirements of international and national marine environment legislation;
- Contribution to education ecology seminars and trainings; consulting;
- Co-operation with similar foreign organizations for experience exchange and enhanced implementation of novel organization complex into the international ecology process.
PO UKRMEPA takes all appropriate actions to complete its objectives:
- Co-operation with governmental authorities and institutions running analysis and accounting of marine infrastructure in Odessa and Odessa region for development and improvement of ecologic standards and procedures;
- Co-operation with various Ukrainian and international communities that run the ecology issues management;
- Contribution to development of ecologic projects compliant with the objectives of the Organization;
- Participation in procedures evaluating the ecologic burden associated with marine infrastructure, its assessment and capitalization in compliance with international requirements and regulations of Kyoto protocol;
- Enrollment of specialists to development and implementation of science based strategy and tactics of balanced use of natural resources.